Save to your scrapbook
Roast cod with Asian stuffing
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
800g potatoes, cut into small chunks
3 tbsp mild olive oil or vegetable oil
½ fish stock cube
65g Waitrose Love Life Toasted Rice & Wheat Flakes
2 shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 lemongrass, finely chopped
10g fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 even-sized cod loin fillets (each about 325g)
160ml can Cooks’ Ingredients Organic Coconut Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Scatter the potatoes in a large roasting tin and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season lightly and bake for 30 minutes.
2. While cooking, dissolve the stock cube in 250ml boiling water. Pour 75ml over the rice and wheat flakes in a bowl and leave to soften. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the shallots, garlic, chilli and lemongrass for 3 minutes. Add to the rice mixture with half the coriander.
3. Place one cod fillet on a clean surface and spoon the stuffing on top, pressing it down gently. Position the second cod fillet on top, skinned side face down. Tie at intervals with string.
4. Turn the potatoes in the roasting tin. Push them to one side and lay the cod flat in the tin. Spread about a third of the can of coconut cream along the top of the fish. Roast for 30 minutes until cooked through. Remove the string, cut into 4 portions and transfer to warmed serving plates with the potatoes.
5. Add the remaining stock, coconut cream and coriander to the roasting tin and heat gently on the hob until slightly thickened and smooth. Spoon over the fish to serve, alongside some seasonal vegetables.
Typical values per serving: