Save the leftover duck from this recipe to use in Duck & Sweet Chilli Stir Fry
Roast duck with clementine & cherry sauce
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 100 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Serves: 2 with leftovers
1 Gressingham Whole Duck, approx 2kg
Juice of 3 Easy-Peeler Clementines, with peeled skin reserved
200g cherries, pitted and halved
½ chicken stock cube, made up to 150ml with boiling water
1 tbsp port (optional)
300g pack Waitrose Red Cabbage
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
2. Remove the duck from all packaging and remove the giblets from the cavity, place the duck in a roasting tin. Pour the juice of 1 clementine over the duck and place the skins in the cavity. Roast for 1 hour 40 minutes or until cooked throughout.
3. Meanwhile, place the remaining clementine juice and flesh pulp in a small saucepan with the cherries, stock and port (if using) and boil for 10 minutes, then season.
4. Heat the red cabbage according to pack instructions and serve with the duck and clementine sauce.