Roasting the parsnips in goose fat makes them crisp and flavoursome, and the maple syrup glaze brings out their natural sweetness.
Roast Parsnips with a Sticky Maple Glaze 2008
- 3 tbsp Catusse Pure Goose Fat, or sunflower oil
- 1kg parsnips, peeled
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the goose fat or oil in a roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the parsnips in half or quarters lengthways, depending on their size.
- Spoon the parsnips into the hot fat (they should sizzle as they go in) and turn to coat. Roast for 30–35 minutes, then remove from the oven and season. Drizzle with the maple syrup and turn to coat evenly. Return the parsnips to the oven for a further 5–10 minutes until golden and crisp, then serve.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes to 50 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 4 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat Nov 01 00:00:00 GMT 2008.