- 300g Baby beetroot, scrubbed and quartered
- 200g Baby turnips, halved
- 200g Baby carrots
- 2 Red onions, each cut into 10 wedges
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds, crushed
- 8 Cornish sardines, gutted and cleaned
- 15g Chervil or coriander
- 2 Oranges
Roast Spring Roots with Sardines, Orange and Chervil
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/gas 7. Finely grate the zest of the oranges and set aside. Cut the top and bottom off each fruit and cut off the skin in wide strips. Slice between the membranes to free the orange segments.
- Tip all the vegetables and the orange segments into a roasting tin with 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix well, season and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining olive oil with the orange zest and coriander seeds and season. Make diagonal cuts in the fish and rub the flavoured oil into them. Stir the vegetables, sit the fish on top and roast for another 10 minutes, until the sardines are cooked.
- Stir the herb leaves through the vegetables and serve on warmed plates; top with the fish.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Apr 01 01:00:00 BST 2009.