- 2 of your 5 a day
Roasted cauliflower & sweet potato salad
1 cauliflower, broken into small florets
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 tsp sweet or hot smoked paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
250g bag kale
2 tbsp Whole Earth Smooth Almond Butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp light soy sauce
125g pack pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the cauliflower and sweet potato on a large roasting tray and toss with the paprika and half the olive oil. Cover the tray with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, stir and roast for a further 20 minutes until tender and crisp and browned on the edges.
2. Meanwhile, drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp oil over the kale and using your hands, massage the leaves for 3-4 minutes (removing any large stems) until the leaves feel softened. Transfer to a large serving platter or bowl.
3. For the dressing, whisk the almond butter, lemon juice, soy sauce and 2 tbsp warm water until smooth.
Stir the roasted vegetables into the kale and drizzle with the almond butter dressing. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and serve warm.
Cooking the veg under foil steams them before they’re roasted so they’re tender inside and crisp outside.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 103 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 21 09:53:05 BST 2017.