- 2 of your 5 a day
Roasted cauliflower & sweet potato salad
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1 cauliflower, broken into small florets
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 tsp sweet or hot smoked paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
250g bag kale
2 tbsp Whole Earth Smooth Almond Butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp light soy sauce
125g pack pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the cauliflower and sweet potato on a large roasting tray and toss with the paprika and half the olive oil. Cover the tray with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, stir and roast for a further 20 minutes until tender and crisp and browned on the edges.
2. Meanwhile, drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp oil over the kale and using your hands, massage the leaves for 3-4 minutes (removing any large stems) until the leaves feel softened. Transfer to a large serving platter or bowl.
3. For the dressing, whisk the almond butter, lemon juice, soy sauce and 2 tbsp warm water until smooth.
Stir the roasted vegetables into the kale and drizzle with the almond butter dressing. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and serve warm.