Roasted Mediterranean vegetable tart
1 large aubergine, cut into 4cm dice
2 red peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into 4cm dice
1 medium courgette, cut into 3cm dice
3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
1 large sprig rosemary, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
320g pack Jus-Rol Shortcrust Sheet
3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
25g pack fresh basil, roughly torn
150g feta, cubed
3 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
300ml half-fat crème fraîche
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the aubergine in a baking tray and the peppers and courgettes in a separate baking tray. Divide the thyme, rosemary and oil between them and toss well. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and softened. Set aside to cool.
2. Roll out the pastry to fit a 22cm deep loose-bottomed fluted tart tin. Carefully line the tin with the pastry, pressing it into the corners. Prick the base with a fork. Line the pastry case with a sheet of baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 20 minutes then carefully remove the paper and beans.
3. Stir the pine nuts, basil (reserving some for garnish) and feta into the roasted veg and spoon into the pastry case. Whisk the eggs and crème fraîche with a pinch of salt then carefully pour over the filling. Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until the filling is set and the top is a light golden colour. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and leaving to cool before serving. Serve scattered with the reserved basil.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus cooling
- Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes, plus cooling
Typical values per serving:
3.3g fibre 14.9g protein
Average user rating Based on 9 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Mar 04 15:58:08 GMT 2014.