LOVE life recipe: low in saturated fat
Roasted tomato, chicken and bean soup
- Preparation time: 25 minutes, plus cooling
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes, plus cooling
1.5kg ripe tomatoes, halved widthways
6 echalion shallots, halved or quartered if large
4 garlic cloves, peeled
2 whole red chillies, stalks removed (deseeded, if liked)
25g pack basil, leaves and stalks separated
1 tbsp vegetable oil
8 chicken thighs
400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Toss the tomatoes, shallots, garlic, chillies and basil stalks with the oil; season. Scatter in one layer over a baking tray. Top with the chicken thighs, skin-side up; season. Roast for 45-55 minutes, until the veg are soft and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, with no pink meat and the juices run clear.
2. Set the chicken aside, cool and shred; discard the skin and bones. Blitz everything else in a food processor until smooth, in batches, if needed.
3. Transfer the soup to a pan and add 200-300ml water until smooth. Add the beans and most of the chicken; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in most of the basil leaves. Serve, topped with the remaining basil and chicken.