1 small red onion, halved and very thinly sliced
3 tbsp Aspall’s Apple Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp demerara sugar
25g Waitrose Love Life Pistachios,roughly chopped
140g pack (2 large) red chicory
Roasted figs with sticky balsamic dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Halve the figs and place in a medium roasting tin with the onion. Drizzle over the vinegar and olive oil then sprinkle with the sugar and seasoning, to taste.
2. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until just soft and starting to caramelise and colour slightly. Add the pistachios and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until just starting to colour slightly at the edges.
3. Meanwhile, thickly slice the chicory. Remove the tray from the oven and immediately add the chicory.
4. Toss all the ingredients together well and season again to taste. Serve hot with duck or lamb.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 20-25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
|Salt||trace g salt|
Average user rating Based on 8 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Sep 03 11:01:19 BST 2012.