These home-made crisps are perfect for pre-dinner nibbles with drinks, as a snack, or for picnics and lunch boxes.
Root veg crisps with rosemary and garlic salt
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus cooling
- Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 30-35 minutes, plus cooling
2 medium sweet potatoes
3 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
2 large sprigs rosemary, leaves only
1 small clove garlic
1 tbsp sea salt flakes
For the dipping sauce
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1/2 x 25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Using a mandolin, cut the sweet potatoes and parsnips on a diagonal into very thin slices. Alternatively, use a potato peeler to cut them into strips.
- Place in a large bowl with the oil and toss to coat. Divide between 2 non-stick baking sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning 3 times and swapping the trays over halfway. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, blitz the rosemary, garlic and salt in a mini processor until fine. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and parsley in a bowl and loosen with 1 tbsp warm water. Season the crisps with the rosemary and garlic salt and serve with the dipping sauce.