- 1 of your 5 a day
Rosemary-roasted squash with ham hock and lentils
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- 500g pack frozen essential Waitrose Butternut Squash
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 250g puy or Waitrose Wholesome Lentils
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 100ml essential Waitrose Single Cream
- 180g pack Cooks’ Ingredients pulled ham hock
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 20g pack flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. Spread the frozen butternut squash in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet and sprinkle with the chopped rosemary. Bake for 30–35 minutes, turning once until lightly browned. Cook the lentils in a pan of boiling water for 15–18 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the onion. Cook for 5–6 minutes until soft and golden. Stir in the mustard, cream and some seasoning and bring to simmering point.
- Cut the squash into even cubes and stir into the cream sauce with the drained lentils, ham hock, sunflower seeds and parsley. Heat through gently then check seasoning and serve.