Ruth Rogers is a chef at and co-founder of the River Café.
Ruth Rogers' Sformato di spinaci e porcini (Baked spinach and porcini)
900g spinach, tough stalks discarded
20g dried porcini, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
3 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
200ml double cream
30g grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Blanch the spinach in boiling, salted water for 3 minutes. Drain, squeeze out the excess water and roughly chop.
2. Drain the porcini, reserving the liquid, and roughly chop. Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan; add the garlic. Soften for 2 minutes, then add the porcini. Fry gently for 10 minutes, adding a little of the soaking liquid as necessary to keep it moist.
3. Beat the eggs, cream and cheese together. Season, stir in the porcini and spinach and pour into a baking dish not less than 4cm deep. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
This recipe first appeared in Waitrose Kitchen magazine. myWaitrose members can download the Waitrose Kitchen app edition for FREE. Find out more.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus soaking
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes, plus soaking
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sun Mar 01 15:17:39 GMT 2015.