Give your Yorkshires a little twist with the addition of some flavoursome herbs.
Sage & thyme Yorkshire puddings
250g plain flour
Pinch of salt
½ tsp fresh thyme, leaves only
½ tsp crushed deep-fried sage leaves (about 4 large)
300ml whole milk
4 medium essential Waitrose Free Range Eggs
6 tbsp goose fat or vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Place the flour, salt and herbs in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Gradually whisk in the milk and eggs to form a smooth batter.
2. Spoon the goose fat or oil into a 12-hole Yorkshire tray (or muffin tin), or a roasting tin if you want to make one large pudding. Heat the fat in the oven for 15-20 minutes until really hot then pour in the batter (fill the holes a third to half full or tip it all in if using a roasting tin) and return to the oven.
3. Cook for 15 minutes, until the puddings have risen and turned golden. Serve swiftly.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 25-30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
per pudding (using goose fat)
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Oct 02 15:32:00 BST 2013.