Fresh, crunchy, full of flavour and low in saturated fat, this chicken salad gets an Asian-style boost from its roasted peanut sauce infused with coconut milk.
Satay chicken salad
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30
500g pack essential Waitrose British Chicken Breast Fillets
1 tsp sunflower oil
4 tbsp deSiam Satay Sauce Coconut & Peanut Dip,
plus extra to serve
75g frozen soya beans
300g pack Waitrose Asian Fusion Rice Noodles
2 carrots, coarsely grated
75g radishes, thinly sliced
¼ white cabbage, shredded
¼ cucumber, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
2 salad onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp roasted peanuts, crushed
1 lime, cut into wedges for squeezing over
1. Brush the chicken breasts lightly with sunflower oil and grill or griddle for 6–7 minutes on each side until nicely browned and cooked through with no pink meat.
2. Cut the chicken into 1cm-wide strips and place in a bowl. Pour over the peanut sauce, toss well together and set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, cook the soya beans in boiling water for 2–3 minutes until tender, then drain and cool under cold running water.
4. Place the beans in a large bowl and add the noodles, carrots, radishes, cabbage, cucumber and salad onions. Toss well together and divide between 4 serving bowls. Place a good helping of satay chicken strips and sauce on top of each salad, drizzle with a little extra sauce if wanted, then scatter over the peanuts, garnish with a wedge of lime and serve.