3 tbsp oil
681g pack essential Waitrose 12 British Pork Sausages
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
28g sachet medium fajita spice mix
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
150ml chicken stock
1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
Guacamole, soured cream and warmed flatbreads or tortillas, to serve
Sausage & tomato bake
3 tbsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a flameproof casserole and fry the sausages for a few minutes to colour on all sides. Lift out onto a plate and heat the remaining oil in the casserole.
2. Add the onions and peppers and fry for 6-8 minutes to soften. Stir in the fajita spice mix and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, stock and sugar and bring to the boil. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the juices have thickened slightly.
3. Add the sausages to the sauce and cover with a lid. Bake in the oven for 1 hour until the sausages are cooked through and the sauce is thick and pulpy. Serve with guacamole, soured cream and warmed flatbreads or tortillas.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Excluding serving suggestions.
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings