These delicious beef canapés are quick and easy to make. They can also be made in advance and eaten cold at summer picnics or parties.
Seared garlic and thyme steak bites
300–400g Aberdeen Angus sirloin steak, about 3cm thick
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp olive oil
- Place the steak into a large shallow dish. Rub it with the garlic, thyme, lime zest, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours, or overnight. Squeeze over the lime juice and marinate for a further 15 minutes.
- Warm a griddle or large frying pan over a high heat then sear the beef for 3–5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 12 even-sized cubes, spear with cocktail sticks, and arrange on a platter. Serve warm with extra lime wedges to squeeze over.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus marinating and resting
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes, plus marinating and resting
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 6 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Nov 01 00:00:00 GMT 2007.