Source of omega 3
Seared lemon mackerel with herby lentils
8 small fresh mackerel fillets, pin boned (from the fish service counter)
1 lemon, zest and juice
400g can essential Waitrose Lentils, drained and rinsed
250g pack Waitrose Organic Beetroot, drained and diced
20g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Flat Leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 tbsp Waitrose LOVE Life Sweet Chilli & Mango Dressing
1. Lay the mackerel fillets in a shallow dish, pour over the lemon juice and sprinkle with the lemon zest. Leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the lentils, diced beetroot, parsley, red onion and dressing.
3. Heat a large griddle or non-stick frying pan over a high heat and cook the mackerel for 2 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked – you may have to do this in batches unless you have a very large pan.
4. Divide the lentil salad among serving plates and lay the seared mackerel fillets over the top.
- Total time: Ready in 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 12 ratings
This recipe was first published in Fri Jul 01 11:59:00 BST 2011.