Sesame spring rolls
1 tbsp groundnut oil
3cm piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
185g pack Waitrose Spiralized Courgette Spaghetti
100g coarsely grated carrot
100g Savoy cabbage leaves, thinly sliced
Bunch salad onions, halved and thinly sliced lengthways
28g pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp Cook’s Ingredients Sweet
Chilli Sauce, plus extra to serve
6 sheets filo pastry
20g butter, melted
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Heat the groundnut oil in a wok, add the ginger and garlic and cook for just a few seconds. Add the spice powder, courgette spaghetti, carrot, cabbage and salad onions (reserving a few to garnish). Stir fry for about 3 minutes until wilted but still retaining a crunchy bite. Add the coriander, sesame oil and sweet chilli sauce and toss together well. Set aside to cool.
2. Unroll the filo pastry and lay out on a clean work surface. Trim the sheets to make 6 rectangles measuring 22 x 26cm. Take one rectangle and, with the shorter side nearest you, spread 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture along the edge, leaving 4cm at each side. Fold these sides over the filling and roll up.
3. Transfer to a baking sheet, seam-side down, brush with a little melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat to make 6 spring rolls.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve scattered with the reserved salad onions and some sweet chilli sauce on the side.
Keep the filo sheets covered with a clean, damp tea towel while you prepare each spring roll to prevent the pastry drying out and cracking.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Typical values per serving:
304µg vitamin A, per serving
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Wed Dec 30 12:17:00 GMT 2015.