This Middle Eastern inspired summer salad is really quick and easy to make.
Shaved fennel salad with spiced yogurt
1 large or 2 small fennel bulbs
1 tsp Cooks' Ingredients Sumac
150ml fat-free natural yogurt
1 tsp caster sugar
25g pack fresh mint, leaves only
110g pack pomegranate seeds
1. Slice the fennel finely using a mandolin or with a sharp knife. Place in a bowl with iced water for up to 25 minutes. (This helps make it very crunchy.)
2. In a separate bowl, mix the sumac with the yogurt and caster sugar. Season well.
3. Drain and dry the sliced fennel in a salad spinner or clean tea towel. Toss in a large bowl with the mint leaves. Gently turn in the yogurt and scatter with the pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus soaking
- Total time: 10 minutes, plus soaking
Serves: 4 as a side
Typical values per serving:
2.6g fibre / 3.5g protein
Average user rating Based on 1 rating