Cuvée Royale Crémant de Limoux sparkling wine is an excellent match for the shrimp and perfectly balances the sweet ham and fig flavours. Heston
Heston's shrimp and smoked salmon flatbread topping
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 croutes
For Shrimp and smoked salmon topping
90g pack Fisherman Brown Shrimp
150g crème fraîche
Finely grated zest 1 lemon
Juice ½ lemon
For the salmon roe:
30g salmon caviar
50g Heston from Waitrose Earl Grey & Lemon Gin
100g Heston from Waitrose Gin & Juniper Smoked Salmon
1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Nonpareille Capers, finely chopped
1 lemon, thinly sliced
Baby leaves, pea shoots, lambs lettuce or salad cress, to garnish
1. Finely chop the brown shrimp and place in a bowl. Add the crème fraîche and lemon zest and mix well. Season with lemon juice and salt and set aside.
2. Place the caviar in a fine mesh strainer and hold under running cold water until the water runs clear. Submerge the roe into the gin for 15 seconds then remove and set aside.
3. Cut the salmon into 8 pieces and turn into small rosettes. Spread the shrimp base over the cooked flatbread, covering the entire surface. Arrange the salmon rosettes in rows over the top.
4. Sprinkle some of the chopped capers on top. Cut the lemon slices into small triangles. Garnish the flatbread with the salmon roe, lemon triangles and leaves then cut into 8 pieces and serve.