Tender, full-flavoured thin-cut steaks served with a tangy sauce are perfect for easy entertaining or as a midweek supper.
Sirloin Steaks with Horseradish and Roquette Sauce
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 8 minutes
- Total time: 18 minutes
- 50g bag Waitrose Wild Roquette
- 4 tbsp EPC Hot Horseradish
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 200ml tub half fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ x packs 4 Waitrose Hereford Beef Thin Cut Sirloin Steaks, from the prepacked chiller cabinet (6 steaks total)
- 180g pack Waitrose Petite Cherie Tomatoes, to serve
- Reserve a few leaves of roquette for garnishing. Place the rest with the horseradish sauce, garlic, mustard and crème fraîche in a food processor (or use an electric hand blender) and blend to a bright green, smooth sauce. Place in a small saucepan.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan until very hot then add 3 of the steaks. Cook for 2-3 minutes, turning once. Remove the steaks, place on a plate, and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and 3 remaining steaks.
- While the steaks are cooking, grill the tomatoes under a hot grill (or cook in the remaining meat juices in the griddle pan when the steaks have finished cooking), until they are just beginning to soften. Heat the sauce over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until it is piping hot.
- Spoon the warm sauce over the steaks and garnish with the reserved roquette. Serve with Waitrose American Coated Oven Chips (from the freezer cabinet) and the grilled tomatoes.