Vibrant and earthy, beetroot makes a bold statement here but the subtle oak-smoked salmon and herby dill add a beautiful contrast for a well-balanced dish.
Skandi-style smoked salmon and beetroot salad
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
650g Waitrose Charlotte Potatoes
1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
½ x 250g pack Waitrose Baby Beetroot In Mild Vinegar, halved and sliced
100g pack Waitrose Watercress
2 x 100g packs Waitrose Mild And Delicate Scottish Smoked Salmon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra to garnish
1. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and thickly slice.
2. Meanwhile, place the red onion in a shallow bowl and pour over the white wine vinegar. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Arrange the warm potatoes, beetroot and watercress on a platter or four serving plates. Drain the red onion, reserving 1 tbsp of the vinegar, and scatter over the salad. Tear the salmon into wide strips and arrange on top.
4. Using a fork, whisk together the reserved 1 tbsp vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard and chopped dill. Spoon the dressing over the salad, scatter over a few extra sprigs of dill and grind over some black pepper to serve.