This is a low calorie muffin that can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a midday snack or as a delightful warm dessert that can be enjoyed by the whole family, when eaten with custard or low fat creme fraiche!
Skinny Blueberry Muffins
- Total time: 45mins
• 7oz / 2 cups plain flour (200gms) – 2.6g fat, 3.34 kcal
• l tbsp baking powder (10gms)
• ½ tsp cinnamon (1gm)
• 12gms Splenda – nil fat, 39 kcal
• 5fl oz vegetable oil (150ml) – 138 fat, 828 kcal
• 2 medium-sized eggs – 12.2 fat, 164 kcal
• 3½ fl oz skimmed milk (100ml) – 0.1 fat, 33 kcal
• 2oz / ¾ cup fresh blueberries (150ml) – 5g fat, 75 kcal
- Pre heat oven to 210°C and place muffins cases into a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, Splenda and cinnamon and make a well in the centre
- In another bowl, beat together oil, eggs and milk.
- Pour into flour mixture and blend just until moistened. Stir the mixture well don't overdo it or else it will become too tight.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cases.
- Turn oven down to 190°C and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- When done, cool muffins in muffin tin for 5mins then remove from muffin tin and cool on a wired rack.