A only 95 kcals per muffin, these muffins can be served for breakfast, as a midday snack or a healthy warm dessert for the whole family when served with low fat custard or low fat creme fraiche.
It makes 12 muffins, so please ignore 'Serving' number below.
My recipe is:
Why should your recipe win?
This recipe allows someone, who is watching their weight, to eat the same types of cakes/snacks/desserts as others in the same household. No guilty feelings about indulging in what the others are eating - just enjoying the same tasty sweet things as everyone else - but without the guilt of piling on the calories!!
1. Pre heat oven to 210°C. Place muffins cases into a muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, Splenda and cinnamon. Make a well in centre.
3. In another bowl, beat together oil, eggs and milk.
Pour into flour mixture. Blend until just moistened. Stir the mixture well, not too much it will become too tight.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cases.
6. Turn oven down to 190°C and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.