A simple but hearty one-pot supper that’s perfect for making ahead. Serve with rustic bread to mop up any juices.
Slow-cooked lamb and white bean stew
1 tbsp olive oil
350g essential Waitrose British Lamb, Diced Shoulder
2 rashers smoked streaky bacon, roughly chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 red skinned potatoes, peeled and diced
400g can essential Waitrose Borlotti Beans, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp essential Waitrose Double Concentrated Tomato Purée
500ml lamb stock
260g essential Waitrose Spinach
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the lamb, bacon, onions, celery and carrot for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add the garlic and fennel seeds and cook for a further 1 minute.
2. Stir in the potatoes, beans, tomato purée and lamb stock. Cover and simmer gently for 50 minutes until the lamb is tender.
3. Stir in the spinach, cook for 1–2 minutes until wilted then ladle into bowls and serve.
Save time preparing the vegetables by swapping the onion, celery and carrot for a 400g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Soffritto Mix.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 60 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 119 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Sep 24 10:10:25 BST 2014.