Smokey chipotle chilli compliments these quick and easy barbecued or griddled whole sweetcorn.
Smoked chipotle buttered corncobs
100g unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Chipotle Paste
Few shakes Smoked Chipotle Tabasco, to taste
1 tbsp fresh rosemary or sage leaves
1 tbsp sea salt
1. Heat a griddle or barbecue to hot. Meanwhile, boil the sweetcorn in a large pan of water for 5 minutes until par-cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. Beat the butter with the chipotle paste and Tabasco in a small bowl, then scopp onto a large piece of baking parchment and roll into a sausage. Refridgerate for about an hour, until firm.
3. In a small spice grinder, whizz the rosemary or sage with the sea salt, or chop finely together.
4. Cook the sweetcorn on the preheated griddle or barbecue for 5 minutes until charred. Serve with slices of the chipotle butter, scattered with the herb salt.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus chilling
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes, plus chilling
Typical values per serving:
1.9g fibre / 4.3g protein
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 10 13:00:00 BST 2014.