Full of flavour, vegetarian and perfect for a warming winter lunch or supper.
Smoked tofu and broccoli noodle pots
300g essential Waitrose broccoli
1 red chilli, deseeded
3cm piece root ginger, peeled
1 clove garlic
200g pack smoked tofu
2 x 500g packs Cooks' Ingredients Dashi (or 1 pack plus 500ml vegetable stock)
1/2 x 250g pack (2 nests) fine egg noodles
Chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- Cut the broccoli into tiny florets. Finely chop the thick broccoli stalk with the bigger stalks from the florets. Keep the florets and stalks separate. Finely chop the chilli and ginger together with the garlic. Cut the tofu in half lengthways, then into about 24 cubes.
- Place the finely chopped broccoli stalks in a covered saucepan with the dashi (and stock if using) and bring to the boil. Add the small florets and chopped chilli mixture to the pan, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drop in the noodle nests, adding extra water if necessary to cover them completely, then bring to the boil again. Add the tofu, cover and remove from the heat. Leave for 4 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve immediately with a little chilli sauce, if you wish.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
71mg vitamin C
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Thu Jan 08 15:01:00 GMT 2015.