This fishcake recipe is one of my favourites. The recipe can be found on http://www.lovepotatoes.co.uk/lounge-10-inspired-smoked-haddock-fishcakes-with-garlic-mayo-2/ Its quick to make and 495kcal a serving
Smoked Haddock Fishcakes
•700g potatoes, diced
•500g frozen smoked haddock, defrosted
•100g frozen peas
•Pinch saffron (optional)
•1 clove garlic, crushed
•Oil for shallow frying
- 1.Boil the potatoes for 10 -12 minutes until tender. Drain and mash. Allow to cool.
- 2.Place the fish and peas in a large frying pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- 3.Meanwhile, to make the aioli soak the saffron in 1tsp boiling water for 1 minute then add the garlic and mayonnaise and mix well.
- 4.Mix the potato, fish and peas together, season and mould into 8 fishcakes. Heat the oil and shallow fry in 2 batches for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden.
- 5.Serve with salad and mayonnaise.
- Total time: 40 minutes
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings