Smoky chicken & mushroom pasta
150g Love Life Free From…Gluten Fusilli
Olive oil spray
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 skinless chicken breast fillet, diced
200g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
350g tub Waitrose Cherry Tomato & Basil Sauce (find in the chiller cabinet)
2 tsp chipotle paste
1 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
1 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 10 minutes until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil and cook the leek and chicken for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for
a further 3–4 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through with no pink meat.
3. Add the sauce and chipotle paste to the pan and simmer together for 1–2 minutes until piping hot.
4. Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the sauce mixture and stir together well. Divide between two bowls and sprinkle with cheese and parsley to serve.
For a crunchy top, spoon the finished pasta mixture into a heatproof dish and sprinkle with the grated Parmigiano Reggiano mixed with a handful of breadcrumbs. Cook under a medium grill for 3–4 minutes until golden.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 12 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Dec 23 10:40:45 GMT 2014.