This quick and easy main can be ready to eat in just 20 minutes.
Speedy pork and mushroom stroganoff
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp paprika
250g pork fillet, cut into strips
200g pack button mushrooms
1 Knorr 3 Peppercorn Flavour Pot
250ml reduced salt beef stock
2 tbsp essential Waitrose Half Fat Soured Cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened and golden.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the flour and paprika and sprinkle over the pork strips.
3. Add the pork to the pan with the mushrooms and stir for 4–5 minutes until nicely browned and cooked throughout. Add the flavour pot and stock and bring to a simmer.
4. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soured cream and parsley and serve with mash.
For a more traditional stroganoff, try making this with frying steak, cut into strips, and serve with rice.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
2.3g fibre 31.3g protein
Average user rating Based on 62 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Mar 04 09:56:00 GMT 2014.