The vibrant green of the peas and the basil contrasts with the succulent pink flakes of salmon to ensure that this easy-to-prepare meal looks just as good as it tastes.
Speedy salmon and pea tagliatelle
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20
150g essential Waitrose Tagliatelle
80g frozen Birds Eye Garden Peas
30g essential Waitrose Creamy Soft Cheese
2 tbsp fresh Waitrose Green Pesto With Basil
170g pack Waitrose Poached Scottish Salmon Fillets, skinned and broken into large flakes
Fresh basil leaves to serve
Green salad to serve
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes until almost done.
2. Add the peas to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes until the pasta and the peas are both tender. Reserve a ladleful of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and return to the pan.
3. Add the soft cheese, pesto and salmon to the pan, along with the reserved cooking water and gently stir together.
4. Divide the pasta and sauce between two bowls, top with some freshly ground black pepper and a few basil leaves, and serve with a large bowl of green salad on the side.