A cheap and easy midweek dish, on the table in 30 minutes
Speedy jacket potatoes with crispy bacon and salmon
- 4 essential Waitrose baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 essential Waitrose smoked British bacon streaky rashers
- 400g essential Waitrose natural cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 100g Cooks’ Ingredients smoked salmon flakes
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Prick the potatoes with a fork, place on a plate and microwave on high (900W)for 3 minutes. Turn them over and microwave for a further 3 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and brush with the oil. Season and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon on a separate baking sheet and cook with the potatoes in the oven for 6–8 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon and mix into the cottage cheese with the remaining ingredients; season. Once the potatoes are cooked, cut them open, add the topping and serve.
For fast jacket potatoes, start
them in the microwave, then
finish in the oven to guarantee
that all-important crisp skin.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in May 2010.