A deliciously refreshing drink using fresh blueberries.
Spiced Christmas cup
- Preparation time: 5 minutes plus cooling time
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes plus cooling time
300g essential Waitrose Blueberries
1 Cooks' Ingredients Cinnamon Stick, plus 8 extra to serve
2 star anise
2 tbsp caster sugar
8 x 200ml bottles Fever-Tree Premium Lemon Tonic Bitter Lemon
1. Place the blueberries, spices and sugar with 2 tbsp cold water into a small pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely with the lid still on the pan.
2. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a jug, pressing the fruit with the back of a spoon to release all the juice. Cover and chill the syrup until required.
3. Pour the syrup between 8 chilled tumblers or high balls filled with ice. Top up with the bitter lemon and serve each glass with a stick of cinnamon as a stirrer.