The flavours used in a korma produce a mild, aromatic curry that all the family can enjoy. A versatile blend of spices with a slight kick from the chilli makes this a great sauce to serve with meat, fish or vegetables.
Spicy chicken norma with apricots & cashews
1 tsp sunflower oil
300g pack The Spice Tailor Delicate Korma Curry
250g chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
50g dried apricots, halved
25g cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
Handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Basmati rice, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the whole spices and chilli from the curry pack. Cook for 20 seconds. Add the chicken and fry for 2–3 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned all over.
2. Add the curry base sauce and cook for 1 minute over a high heat. Stir in the main sauce, apricots and a splash of water and simmer for 5–7 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through with no pink meat.
3. Scatter over the cashew nuts and coriander, and serve with basmati rice.
Cook's tipIf you don’t enjoy a fruity curry, swap the apricots for fine green beans instead.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes to 12 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes to 17 minutes
Serves: 2 - 3
Typical values per serving:
To serve 3
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Tue Sep 15 13:05:00 BST 2015.