This colourful supper is cooked in one pot. Roasting the chicken and cherry tomatoes quickly in a hot oven gives the whole dish a fantastic juicy flavour.
Spicy Chicken with Chickpea Couscous
- 400g pack Waitrose Chicken Breast Chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 410g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Crushed Chilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Kallo Chicken Stock Cubes
- 400g Waitrose Wholesome Couscous
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 20g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. In a large roasting tin, mix the chicken pieces, red onion, cherry tomatoes and chickpeas with the chilli and olive oil. Season and roast for about 10 minutes.
- Make up the stock with 600ml boiling water. Stir the couscous into the roasting tin followed by the stock, lemon zest and juice. Return to the oven for 15-18 minutes until the stock has been absorbed, the chicken is thoroughly cooked and there is no pink meat.
- Stir the parsley through, using a fork to lightly separate the couscous. Serve with a rocket and watercress salad.
For a vegetarian version, use diced butternut squash or sweet potato in place of the chicken, and replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock. For a different flavour, add harissa paste instead of the crushed chilli.
A Sauvignon Blanc will be ideal with this dish .
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes to 30 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes to 45 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 116 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Apr 01 01:00:00 BST 2008.