1. Cook 10 of the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain, cool and shell, then pat them dry on kitchen paper.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook the onion, garlic, chillies and carrots for 5 minutes or so until golden. Tip into a bowl, add the garam masala and chick peas then, using a handheld blender, whizz to make a smooth purée. Season.
3. Divide the chick pea mixture into 10 portions then carefully wrap round each dried egg, making sure they are completely covered. Lightly beat the remaining two eggs. Roll the coated eggs in the flour, shaking off any excess, then in the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Pop in the fridge for a few minutes.
4. To make the relish, mix the vinegar, sugar, salt and coriander seeds together in a largebowl. Stir in the cucumber and coriander then transfer to a suitable container and chill until ready to serve.
5. Half-fill a deep saucepan or deep-fat fryer with sunflower oil and heat until the oil is hot enough to cook a cube of bread in 60 seconds. Deep-fry the eggs in batches for 3-4 minutes until crunchy and dark golden. Drain on kitchen paper.