1 large red onion, finely sliced
450g spinach leaves, washed
½ tsp grated nutmeg
3 medium essential Waitrose Free Range Eggs, beaten
200g feta, crumbled
50g pine nuts, toasted
½ x 145g pot Waitrose Green Pesto With Basil
270g pack Jus-Rol 6 Filo Pastry Sheets
Spinach, pine nut & feta filo pie
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Heat half the butter in a large pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes until softened. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from the heat and add the nutmeg, then leave to cool.
2. Stir the eggs, feta and pine nuts into the cooled spinach mixture with the pesto and season. Line a buttered 20 x 30cm oblong, deep baking tin with half the filo sheets, brushing each with a little melted butter and leaving the edges over the sides of the tin. Spoon in the spinach mixture and spread level. Fold over the edges of the filo sheets to cover the filling and brush with butter. Arrange the rest of the filo sheets crumpled over the filling to cover. Brush with any remaining butter.
3. Bake for 30 minutes until crisp and golden. Serve warm or cold, cut into squares.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes + cooling
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes + cooling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 25 ratings