A tasty vegetarian low fat supper.
Spinach, tomato and chick pea curry
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp Bart Veeraswamy Medium Moglai Curry Paste
- 400g can Waitrose Organic chopped tomatoes
- 410g can Waitrose Organic chick peas
- 250g bag essential Waitrose Spinach, roughly shredded
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and cook the garlic, onion and ginger together for 5 minutes until softened and golden. Stir in the curry paste and cook for a minute, then add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes to make a thick sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chick peas with their liquid and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then season and stir in the shredded spinach. Cook gently together for a couple of minutes until the spinach is just cooked. Check seasoning and serve with a spoonful of yogurt, then scatter with chopped coriander. Serve with warm naan bread.