4 essential Waitrose salad onions, sliced
250g bag essential Waitrose spinach, washed
250g essential Waitrose frozen petits pois
1 essential Waitrose egg
1 lemon, juice
pinch freshly grated nutmeg
4 filo pastry sheets
Spinach, pea and ricotta tart
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Heat 10g butter in a pan and sauté the salad onions for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Drain in a sieve, squeezing out the liquid.
2. Boil the peas for 2 minutes, then drain; refresh in cold water. Mix the ricotta and egg till smooth. Add the peas, spinach, lemon juice and nutmeg; season.
3. Melt the remaining butter. Lay a fi lo pastry sheet on a baking tray and brush with butter. Top with a second sheet and butter it; repeat, using up the filo.
4. Put the ricotta mix in the centre, leaving a 10cm border. Draw up the pastry so just a little fi lling is visible. Brush the pastry edges with butter; bake for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve with a salad.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 17 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Jun 01 15:42:00 BST 2011.