1 large leek, trimmed and diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
1 stick celery, trimmed and diced
2 fresh bay leaves, torn in half
1 ½ litres Cooks’ Ingredients Vegetable Stock
2 x 90g packs Cooks’ Ingredients PulledHam Hock
125g spring greens
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
Crusty bread, to serve
Spring green and ham hock broth
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time: 35-40 minutes
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the leek, garlic, carrot and celery and cook for 10 minutes until softened but not coloured.
2. Add the bay leaves, stock and ham hock. Bring to the boil then cover and reduce the heat again, to low. Simmer very gently for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, wash, core and finely shred the spring greens. Add to the broth together with the finely grated lemon zest. Increase the heat until the greens have just wilted.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, then season and add the lemon juice to taste. Remove the bay leaves, then ladle into bowls and serve with warm, crusty bread.