These succulent lamb chops with their fruity, garlic and rosemary sauce make a quick meal.
Sticky Lamb Chops with a Herby Redcurrant Sauce
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- ½ x 15g pack fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 English lamb loin chops, trimmed of fat, from the meat service counter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a shallow, non-metallic dish, mix together the red wine vinegar and redcurrant jelly. Strip the leaves from the rosemary stalks, set a few aside to garnish, and finely chop the remainder.
- Stir into the redcurrant mixture with the garlic. Add the lamb and turn in the mixture; then allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the lamb with its marinade and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through, until the lamb is done to your liking and the sauce has reduced to a sticky consistency.
- Serve the lamb with mashed potatoes and steamed sugar snap peas. Garnish with the reserved rosemary.
For a barbecue, cook the lamb with its marinade in foil parcels over a moderate heat.
With so many flavours, this dish demands a wine made from more than one grape variety.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus marinating
- Cooking time: 15 minutes to 20 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes to 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 109 ratings
This recipe was first published in August 2006.