This is a real dig-in-and-eat dish - provide finger bowls and lots of napkins for sticky fingers.
Sticky Spare Ribs with Ginger, Chilli and Lime
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus at least 2-3 hours or overnight marinating
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 65 minutes, plus marinating
- 8 tbsp clear honey
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1kg Waitrose Hampshire Breed Pork Spare Ribs
- In a large bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients, reserving 2 tablespoons of the honey. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then pour into a large, clean plastic food bag. Add the ribs, shaking to coat thoroughly. Secure the bag and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the ribs in a roasting tin, cover with the sauce and cook for 35-40 minutes, turning halfway through. Drizzle with the remaining honey and cook for a further 10 minutes until the ribs are thoroughly cooked and the edges are beginning to char. Serve.