Piri piri sauce originates from Portugal and is a fiery mix of chilli, paprika, herbs and lemon juice or vinegar. This recipe is low in fat and ready in under half an hour.
Stir-fried piri piri pork
200g essential Waitrose Long Grain Rice
100ml Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar
1 tbsp light brown muscovado sugar
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1 tbsp sunflower oil
4 pork escalopes, cut into strips
1 pack Waitrose Sweet Peppers, deseeded and cut into 2cm-wide strips
70g bag rocket
1. Cook the rice in a large pan of boiling water for 12–15 minutes until tender. Drain well and divide between 4 plates.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat together the vinegar, sugar, chilli flakes, garlic, oregano and paprika until just bubbling then set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and stir-fry the pork and peppers for about 8–10 minutes until the peppers are tender and the pork is cooked through.
4. Lower the heat, add the sauce and simmer for 1–2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the rocket. Spoon over the rice and serve.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
32.9g protein, 2.4g fibre
Average user rating Based on 40 ratings