1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and base line a 27x22cm tin.
2. Whisk the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy, then whisk in the eggs 1 at a time.
3. Mix together the flour, baking powder and ⅔ freeze dried strawberries, and fold into the butter mixture. Swirl in 2 tbsp of the jam and spoon the mixture into the tin, spreading it out evenly.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from the tin, then cool completely.
5. Cut the cake in half horizontally and spread the remaining jam over the bottom layer.
6. Whisk the cream to soft peaks and spread over the jam, then top with the strawberries and finally the top layer of cake.
7. Whisk the soft cheese and icing sugar together until thickened slightly, then spread evenly over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with the remaining freeze dried strawberries.
8. Cut into 16 squares and serve on a large platter.