essential Waitrose British Strawberries
Grated zest and juice 1 orange
40g caster sugar
250g mini white marshmallows
2 x 200g tubs Waitrose Fromage Frais
2 tbsp roughly chopped pistachios
Strawberry mallow mousse
1. Reserve 6 small strawberries for decoration. Hull and roughly chop the rest and put them in a saucepan with the orange zest and juice, plus sugar. Stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved, then simmer for 5–10 minutes until the strawberries are soft and pulpy.
2. Mash with a fork and stir in the marshmallows until melted. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
3. Fold the fromage frais into the strawberry mixture and spoon into 6 serving glasses. Chill for at least 6 hours, until set.
4. Hull and slice the reserved strawberries and arrange on top of the mousses. Scatter over the pistachios to serve.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes plus setting time
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes plus setting time
Typical values per serving:
1.6g fibre 7.5g protein
Average user rating Based on 24 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Jun 25 09:33:00 BST 2014.