This tasty cake is a firm family favourite and easy to make. Very tasty.
Streusel Layer Cake
- Total time: 15 mins prep plus cooking time.
Filling & Topping
2 oz walnuts
1 oz butter
4 oz soft brown sugar (dark)
2 level teaspoons instant coffee
2 level teaspoons plain flour
4 oz butter
4 oz caster sugar
2 standard eggs
6 oz self-raising flour
4 tablespoons milk
- Method 1) Heat oven to 160. Grease or line 7” cake tin
- 2) Topping: Chop walnuts, melt butter in pan remove from heat, add walnuts, soft brown sugar, coffee and plain flour and mix well. Set aside
- 3) Cake: Cream butter and sugar together. Beat eggs and add slowly. Fold in flour and milk.
- 4) Place half the cake mix in the tin, reserve two tablespoons of topping mix for top of the cake and sprinkle the rest over the cake mix in tin, top with remaining cake mix and level top. Sprinkle on the remainder of the topping mix.
- 5) Bake in centre of the oven for 1½ to 1¾ hours. Leave to cool in tin for 5 mins. When cold enjoy!!