this recipe is so good it won me the junior chef of the year! in Wakefield x if you don't believe me search my name on Google! it features ingredients such as swede sweet potato and celeriac. i always say "around" as you should use your eyes and test along with timings. Please Give Comments x
Stuffed Chicken, Served with hot basmati rice mixed with seasonal roast vegetables.
For the chicken:
2 Skinless chicken breasts
50g Young spinach
2 Slices of Parma ham/Bacon
For the rice:
100g Brown basmati rice
375ml hot chicken stock
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, roughly chopped (wooden stalks
100g Sweet potato
A tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Gas Mark 6.
- Prepare the vegetables, Peel and dice the Swede and sweet potatoes to 2cm3
- Make the stock with the chicken stock cube. Bring to the boil and add the rice with the rosemary, then turn off and set aside
- Boil a pan of water and cook the 50g of spinach for around 3 minutes( in butter for extra flavour!, lighty salted water for heatlhy option)
- While the spinach is cooking place all the vegetables in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Drain all the moisture away from the spinach( not if cooked in butter).
- Cut a slit in the side of the chicken breasts to form a pocket.
- Slice the mozzarella and place into the chicken breasts, along with the spinach. Wrap each breast with Parma ham
- Place into the oven along with the vegetables for around 20-25 minute’s( you can either cook the chicken separate in lightly oiled tin foil or simply place on top of the vegetables for ultimate flavor!)
- Meanwhile heat the rice with the rosemary, bring the rice to the boil and then simmer for around 15 minutes or until soft. Rinse with boiling water to get rid of access starch
- Cook the rest of the spinach in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Drain Well (if cooked in water)
- Once the vegetables and the chicken is cooked remove the chicken, and mix the vegetables with the rice. Arrange on a warm plate, with the rice on the bottom, and then the spinach followed by the chicken. Decorate with a sprig of rosemary if you wish
- Total time: around 1 hour
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings