Try this pretty summer salad with goats cheese and sweetcorn.
Summery bulgar salad
- 200g Waitrose bulgar wheat
- 2 whole essential Waitrose sweetcorn (about 300g kernels)
- 1½ lemons, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 3 tbsp torn basil
- 3 salad onions, finely chopped
- 250g essential Waitrose cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- Cook the bulgar wheat according to the packet instructions.
- Remove the kernels from the sweetcorn ears by standing them on their wider ends and running a sharp knife down the sides close to the husks. Cook the kernels in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain, and refresh under a cold tap.
- Fluff the cooked bulgar wheat with a fork; dress with the lemon juice, zest, olive oil and herbs; season. Toss with the sweetcorn, salad onions and tomatoes.
- Cut the goat’s cheese into chunks, toss in the still-warm salad and serve.
This pure and fruity organic Sauvignon complements the pure, clean flavours of the dish to create a superb combination. Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc 2008 Mendocino County, California, USA 35430
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in August 2010.