1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Put a pan of water on to boil for the broccoli.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the tamarind, honey and frozen ginger.
3. Place the sausages on a small non-stick baking tray and brush with some of the tamarind glaze. Scatter the vegetable chips evenly on a second baking tray. Bake the sausages and chips in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Brush the sausages with the glaze three times during cooking and turn as needed. The chips will need turning halfway through.
4. Meanwhile, add a pinch of salt to the water and boil the broccoli for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and run under cold water for a few minutes; set aside. In a serving bowl, mix the coconut with the pomegranate seeds.
5. Just before serving, add the broccoli and the crispy fried onions to the bowl and toss the salad together. Serve with the sausages and the vegetable chips.