A quick and easy flavoursome and filling dish, it's a great one to whip up for family and friends. Just beware of overeating it is very moreish! Try it with your own flavours and see what your family likes!
All quantities are to our taste - mix it up to get your mix
1 1/2 cups rice (medium grain white is best but brown is ok)
2 medium tomato's
1 small capsicum (pepper)
handful of mushrooms
1 small onion
1 medium lemon
200g grated cheese
50g yoghurt (or creme fraiche)
- Boil your rice to your preferred softness
- While the rice is boiling dice your tomato, capsicum, mushroom and onion.
- Heat a little olive oil in a fry pan and put the vegetables on to fry. Add the coriander, cumin, mint, chillies and salt to suit your taste. Remember you want to have a slightly stronger flavour here as it will be diluted when added to the rice. Fry the vegetables until the onions are clear, do not let them burn.
- When the rice is cooked, drain and place back in the pan. Add the vegetables and stir. This is a good time for a taste test. If you find the favour bland, add more herbs and spices to suit your taste.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the rice.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Add a spoon of yoghurt and stir, repeat until the rice reaches a sticky consistency (again, you can add more or less to suit your taste).
- Total time: approx 15-20 minute
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings